What to Do When You Are Here
Looking for a laid-back, small-town getaway with lots to do in the surrounding area? Antonito, Colorado may be your perfect vacation escape.
We have some great reference books in our lobby to help you find entertaining things to do while you are here.
- The Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
- 420 Green Genie Recreational Marijunana Dispensary
- The Rio Grande Scenic Railroad
- Hot springs, both developed and wild (ask us!)
- Jack Dempsey Museum
- Cano's Castle
- The Murals of Conejos County Tour (ask for brochure)
- Antonito Mansions. Ask us and we can help you plot a tour route.
- Turquoise Mine. Ask and we can give you directions.
- Local Rock Art
- Los Caminos Antiquos Scenic Byway
- Hunting & Fishing on the Rio Grande National Forest
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve
- Colorado's Oldest Church
- San Luis Stations of the Cross (take the back way over dirt roads and through some of the most striking and desolate country you will ever see!)
- Double Vision Archery 719-376-2400 (an indoor range simulator)
- And more! Ask and we can help you find places of interest to you.
There are a number of interesting and fun events planned every season in the San Luis Valley. Visit the Alamosa Visitor's Center to learn more. Of particular note are music festivals in both South Fork and Crestone, Stampede Rodeo, Pioneer Days in Manassa, Pioneer Days in Del Norte, Logger Days in South Fork and many more. Spend a few days in Antonito as you explore the many fun things to do in the San Luis Valley!